Did you know that there are 3 billion active email accounts which is more than the amount of active Facebook and Twitter accounts combined?
Companies are often disappointed when they look at open rates from their email marketing campaign efforts only to discover that less than a quarter of recipients even bothered to open the email yet alone click through to their offer or website. Our blog and infographic published last year looks at the topic of open rates for various industries in greater detail.
But, rather than becoming discouraged, we believe that companies can take a number of positive steps to engage customers through our email marketing tips.
Here are some of our top email marketing tips:
- Make sure your email marketing message is mobile compatible
- Develop a quality email marketing list
- If you do purchase an email marketing list make sure it’s from a reputable supplier
- Engage your customers with quality offers and quality content – don’t always sell, but provide useful information
- Having a great headline really cuts through – don’t’ use capital letters or exclamation points or you will probably get caught in spam filters.
- Regularity is important but don’t spam your customers
- If you do provide an offer set up a landing page specific to that offer rather than just driving customers back to your website
- The use of great images will also encourage engagement
- If you are sending to a gmail address remember you will probably be landing in the promotions tab of the email inbox. See our blog about what this means and how to deal with it.
- Use topical or familiar themes in your headline. This can be done by setting up a calendar of events that will occur, ie Easter and piggyback off this marketing opportunity.
The most important thing to remember when using email marketing is to make your message meaningful, make your offer appealing, target the right audience and don’t give up after one attempt.